The British League of Three Wheeled Transport
Here’s a mystery image: A Morgan three wheeler and a Douglas motorcycle and sidecar combination (which appears to be a 350 or 600cc EW circa 1927), being maintained by gentlemen wearing what appear to be black shirts. Thoughts on the story behind this image (as always), are most welcome.
The Douglas has a horizontally opposed, side-valve flat twin engine, carried longitudinally in the frame. It’s an interesting arrangement. Some images of a recently sold example here.
** Update ** This building has now been identified as the former Whitelands House on Kings Road, Chelsea. The building was used as a College until being sold to the British Union of Fascists in the summer of 1933 when it became known as “the Black House”.